- 1946 – Established in Detroit
- 1946–80 – Prototype ultra-low volume – “Difficult-to-manufacture” parts
- 1978 – First CNC machine
- 1980s – Transition to production scale-up
- 1993 – Transition to high-volume production – 1 part, 4 million EAU
- 2003 – Transition to multiple parts < 1 million EAU
A.B. Heller, Inc.
Founded in 1946 as a prototype machining company, A.B. Heller has developed into a full-function CNC machining facility, including grinding, honing and lapping capabilities. Over 125 primary machines are capable of more than 50 different processes. Our clean, temperature-controlled plant and excellent inspection capabilities ensure efficient processing and maintenance of exceptional part tolerances. Our business processes are fully integrated with and measured by our TS16949 certified quality system. A.B. Heller has been certified to ISO 14001:2004 environmental standard as of April 2014.
Our strength is a highly skilled nucleus of process experts developed during more than 50 years in the prototype business. This experienced, stable workforce receives ongoing classroom education and on-the-job training. Our people are encouraged to bring their expertise and innovation to manufacturing problems in a team approach.
Our vision is to be a leading global provider of precision-machined services, specializing in high-pressure hydraulic/flow control systems and close tolerance milled, turned or finished components and assemblies from prototype through production.
To achieve our vision we will provide competent and ethical leadership to create an environment that facilitates:
For our customers:
- Enthusiastic service
- Operational excellence
- World-class quality systems
- Industry-leading design for manufacturability
- Capacity planning expertise
For our employees:
- Trust and respect
- Education and mentoring
- “What and why” communications
- Market-based compensation
- Advancement opportunities
For our shareholders:
- Return on investment
- Capital appreciation
- Adherence to the company core values
We acknowledge our responsibility to the community in which we live and work. We will employ practices for the preservation of the environment and our natural resources. A.B. Heller will encourage and support volunteer efforts of employees within the community.